Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Given old IPad but can't sign in with my ITunes.

A friend gave me her old iPad. How do I remove it from her account and add it to my Apple account?

I Can't get into it at all. She had erased everything on it and it wants to run a fresh setup. It won't accept my iTunes login though, it's wanting the one originally used with the iPad, which she has no idea what it is. So there is no way to turn off the find my iPhone issue.

She bought a new iPad because she couldn't remember the iTunes login or the email to retrieve a password, which was most likely the login too.

😕

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Feb 18, 2016 6:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2016 7:07 PM

She needs to remember that apple ID and password

What you're experiencing is the activation lock and it's an anti theft mechanism (not judging or accusing, just saying)

Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

this explains it.

She needs to recover and give you that apple ID and password or you'll never be able to use that ipad

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2016 7:07 PM in response to LauraJean1962

She needs to remember that apple ID and password

What you're experiencing is the activation lock and it's an anti theft mechanism (not judging or accusing, just saying)

Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

this explains it.

She needs to recover and give you that apple ID and password or you'll never be able to use that ipad

Given old IPad but can't sign in with my ITunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.