Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch Heart Rate Monitor Not Working On....

Hello,

There appears to be a fairly significant software issue with the apple watch. When I open the heart rate monitor on my watch and I manually initiate a heart rage check say after a workout, the heart rate it gives me after the 4 seconds or so is half of what it actually is. (15sec to the neck for comparison) If I leave the heart rate monitor up for a minute it will check again and the 2nd time it gives a heart rate that more closely matches what it really is.

I dont understand how the Apple Watch cant do it correctly the first time.

No. I am not holding, pressing, touching the apple watch in any way different than I normally do when it is tied to my wrist. I do not adjust anything. It just suddenly decides to start working.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 19, 2016 2:21 PM

1 reply

Feb 19, 2016 8:54 PM in response to KSSupport

Hi KSSupport,

Just so I can make sure I'm understanding your problem correctly, the heart rate sensor on your Apple Watch is giving you inaccurate results. I could understand how important it is to get accurate heart rate results myself too. First, let's try making sure nothing is blocking the heart rate sensor such as third party accessories. Next, let's try restarting your Apple Watch and seeing if you get more accurate results: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

I would also recommend these support Articles from Apple. They help explain how the heart rate sensor works on the Apple Watch and gives you tips to get good results:

-Your heart rate. What it means, and where on Apple Watch you’ll find it. - Apple Support

-Measure your heart rate with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Regards,

John

Watch Heart Rate Monitor Not Working On....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.