Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete one or some files from recycle bin?

I can't delete ONLY one or some files from rececle bin. I have only two choices: secure and simple empty of rececle bin.

The command "cmd+backspace" sends the file in the original location.

can any one help?? Thank you

Spyros Stathakis

iMac with Retina 5K display, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 20, 2016 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2016 9:15 AM

Use right-click (or control click) and then select Delete Immediately. For multiple items you can first select the items and then right-click or control click.

6 replies

Sep 17, 2016 11:55 AM in response to Eric Root

It clearly says they want to delete a few files. Apple support are like politicians, always obfuscating things when they are caught in that zone where their software does not make sense.

Their thinking is that is you put it in the trash you must want to delete it. If I am borrowing a computer, or sharing a computer, or fixing somebody's computer and I delete a bad file, and I do not want to make a judgement call about the other party's files in the trash. It is best I delete what I added to Trash and leave the rest alone.

So apple people, answer the question.

Sep 17, 2016 1:40 PM in response to Kedubob

I'm not an Apple person but I thought that I did already answer the question:

Use right-click (or control click) and then select Delete Immediately. For multiple items you can first select the items and then right-click or control click.

I just tested that again and it does allow you to "delete what I added to the Trash and leave the rest alone." Not sure it was clear that I was talking about doing that from the Trash folder but that is what I meant.

How can I delete one or some files from recycle bin?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.