Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different Colour Strips Appeared On Iphone.

Hello, i dropped my phone the other day, when i turned it back on loads of different lines appeared on the screen, the phone is not usable.

Can someone help me please?

User uploaded file

Posted on Feb 21, 2016 2:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2016 10:42 AM

IF you choose Apple, here are the prices.

9 replies

Feb 22, 2016 2:46 PM in response to harborview4

You can't find any in stores because Apple does not sell screens separately. And if the phone is water damaged replacing the screen is not a good investment, because the damage caused by water doesn't happen all at once and the phone will likely fail in the future. You can buy screens on Amazon, but stores won't generally have them.

So my first suggestion is to take it to Apple. They will replace the whole phone for about 1/3 the cost of a new phone (or $99 if you have AppleCare+). But only if you don't try replacing the screen yourself. If the phone is out of warranty and you don't care about the 1/3 price replacement you can try an independent repair shop. Unfortunately, there is no sure way to find a capable and reliable one who will guarantee their work, and be around to honor that guarantee years (or months) later.

Different Colour Strips Appeared On Iphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.