Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I choose for a large import of photos not to go to My Photo Stream?

I upgraded to 1 TB of iCloud storage to use with iCloud Photos with the aim to consolidate and manage my giant photo library. I've gotten the alert that says something like "My Photo Stream Limit Has Been Reached." Is there a way I can remove these large import of old photos from my PhotoStream to get my new pics I take with my iPhone to sync properly and to resume my Photo Streams shared with others?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 23, 2016 6:13 AM

3 replies

Feb 23, 2016 6:31 AM in response to Nitin Gupta

Is there a way I can remove these large import of old photos from my PhotoStream to get my new pics I take with my iPhone to sync properly and to resume my Photo Streams shared with others?

Are you using My Photo Stream or Shared Albums? This is a bit ambiguous.

These are the limits, when you are using Shared albums or My Photo Stream - there are limits on the total number of photos and limits to the upload rate, see this link: iCloud: Photo Stream limits

• If you uploaded too many photos at once, you have to wait a bit, before you can upload again.
  • If you uploaded to many photos, delete a few.

The 1TB iCloud storage is not used for My Photo Stream or Shared albums. They are used for iCloud Drive and iCloud Photo Library.

Feb 23, 2016 7:43 AM in response to Nitin Gupta

Your answer is a bit ambiguous and did not directly answer my question. How long? Hours? Days? Weeks?

Did you read the link I posted?

How long you will have to wait will depend on which of the limits you exceeded.

For My Photo Stream:

These are the My Photo Stream upload limits:

• Uploads to My Photo Stream per hour: 1000 photos
  • Uploads to My Photo Stream per day: 10,000 photos
  • Uploads to My Photo Stream per month: 25,000 photos

If you exceeded the 10000 photos limit, you may have to wait a full day.

If you exceeded the 25000 photos monthly limit, you may have to wait up to a month.

Or did you exceed a limit for shared albums? The details for the shared albums are listed in the link above.

Can I choose for a large import of photos not to go to My Photo Stream?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.