Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes keeps saying my password is incorrect

I keep on putting in my iTunes password and it keeps saying its wrong when I know its right

iPhone 4S

Posted on Feb 23, 2016 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2016 2:00 PM

Hello there, scoobz27.

It sounds like you are seeing an incorrect password message when setting up iCloud on your iOS device. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great recommendations:

If you see an "Incorrect Apple ID or Password" alert when you set up iCloud in the Setup Assistant

If you changed your Apple ID and didn't update it on your iOS device, you might see the "Incorrect Apple ID or Password" alert. Use these steps to sign in with your previous Apple ID:

1. Tap Skip This Step and complete the steps in the Setup Assistant.
  2. Tap Settings > iCloud.
  3. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account.
  4. Enter your previous Apple ID and password to confirm that you want to sign out. If your Apple ID and password aren't accepted, use these steps to sign out and set up iCloud.
  5. After you sign out, you can sign in to iCloud with your current Apple ID.

Use these steps if you forgot your Apple ID password:

1. Tap Forgot Password?
  2. Follow the onscreen instructions.

If, on the other hand, you are seeing iTunes for Windows prompts to authorize your computer, this article should help with those:

If iTunes repeatedly prompts you to authorize your computer

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities..

Kind Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2016 2:00 PM in response to scoobz27

Hello there, scoobz27.

It sounds like you are seeing an incorrect password message when setting up iCloud on your iOS device. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great recommendations:

If you see an "Incorrect Apple ID or Password" alert when you set up iCloud in the Setup Assistant

If you changed your Apple ID and didn't update it on your iOS device, you might see the "Incorrect Apple ID or Password" alert. Use these steps to sign in with your previous Apple ID:

1. Tap Skip This Step and complete the steps in the Setup Assistant.
  2. Tap Settings > iCloud.
  3. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account.
  4. Enter your previous Apple ID and password to confirm that you want to sign out. If your Apple ID and password aren't accepted, use these steps to sign out and set up iCloud.
  5. After you sign out, you can sign in to iCloud with your current Apple ID.

Use these steps if you forgot your Apple ID password:

1. Tap Forgot Password?
  2. Follow the onscreen instructions.

If, on the other hand, you are seeing iTunes for Windows prompts to authorize your computer, this article should help with those:

If iTunes repeatedly prompts you to authorize your computer

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities..

Kind Regards.

itunes keeps saying my password is incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.