Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

live type live fonts won't work in El capitan

Can anybody give me any suggestions on how to make my live fonts work with el captain?live type is working correctly except my live fonts won't show up.

Posted on Feb 23, 2016 7:25 PM

1 reply

Feb 24, 2016 8:59 AM in response to flashlight54

Livetype...that last shipped with Final Cut Studio 2...with FCP 6. The last OS that officially supported that app was 10.5. It was done away with...rolled into Motion...with Final Cut Studio 3. Last supported OS for that was 10.6.8. As you try to use older apps on new OS versions, you risk them not working at all, or not working properly. OS 10.9 broke Compressor, Motion and QMaster completely. And sure, while Livetype might work under 10.11, it might not work fully. Livetype fonts...animated fonts...might require system resources that 10.11 no longer offers, that 10.5-10.8 or so offered. Then Apple progressed, added new features, dropped others.

Always best to use the apps you need on OS versions that support them.

live type live fonts won't work in El capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.