Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I activate the microphone on the Smart Keyboard?

I frequently use the microphone feature on the on-screen keyboard, but cannot seem to find a way to activate it through the new Smart Keyboard for the iPad Pro, any suggestions?

iPad, iOS 9.2.1, IPad Pro Smart Keyboard

Posted on Feb 23, 2016 8:06 PM

5 replies

Sep 22, 2016 6:36 AM in response to UmbergerBA

While I do not know if this applies to the Apple smart keyboard, I use the Logitech Create keyboard which also connects via the smart connector and have run into this problem, as well. I found a solution (or more of a workaround) after a little web searching. On the Logitech case there is a button that will bring up the on-screen keyboard. Once you do this you can simply press on the microphone icon on the on-screen keyboard and begin dictation. As I do not own the Apple Smart keyboard, I'm not sure if it has a key dedicated to invoking the on-screen keyboard. If it doesn't, try pressing function-3. If I recall correctly, This should bring up the on-screen keyboard.

Hope this helps.

How do I activate the microphone on the Smart Keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.