Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Hardware Test Error: 4BAT/6/40000005: 0x898fb90

Apple Hardware Test Error: 4BAT/6/40000005: 0x8984fb90

Anybody know what this hardware test error code means or is for? I just had to replace my trackpad again today because it wasn't moving. Now my computer is working great. I did a hardware test just for the **** of it and it came up with this code Apple Hardware Test Error: 4BAT/6/40000005: 0x8984fb90

3 months ago apple store replaced the following on my computer: Logic Board 2.5 GHz, Display Clamshell Glossy 13, Top Case w/Keyboard US, Trackpad, MagSafe Board. I also bought a new battery. So pretty much everything has been replaced on my computer. I am worried that the Trackpad I just replaced is a sign of more trouble to come. If anyone knows what this error code is indicating, please let me know! Thank you for your help.

I have a MacBook Pro 13 inch (mid 2012) A1278.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Feb 23, 2016 10:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2017 12:04 PM

i just ran into this problem and thought i'd chime in.

I do mac repair for a living but, never use apple hardware tests. though, this time i thought i'd give it a shot and wound up here.

It's not a battery issue. It's a heat sensor on the logic board. That's why the fan is running full boar.

the problem persists even without the battery. Also, the symptoms are indicative of a bad sensor.

The board, or the sensor, if you can find someone to do it, needs to be replaced.

Sorry for the bad news.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2017 12:04 PM in response to tiggerkenwood

i just ran into this problem and thought i'd chime in.

I do mac repair for a living but, never use apple hardware tests. though, this time i thought i'd give it a shot and wound up here.

It's not a battery issue. It's a heat sensor on the logic board. That's why the fan is running full boar.

the problem persists even without the battery. Also, the symptoms are indicative of a bad sensor.

The board, or the sensor, if you can find someone to do it, needs to be replaced.

Sorry for the bad news.

Mar 11, 2016 2:20 AM in response to tiggerkenwood

tiggerkenwood wrote:

So I have just learned that BAT means it is a battery problem. My battery is brand new, but it is not an apple battery. Could that be the problem? It is reading a non standard battery or some such thing?

Yes, that may be the case. Check the battery connection to make certain it is properly connected.

The only third party batteries that I can recommend are NuPower from OWC and Anker. Bargain priced batteries fro ebay should be avoided.

Ciao.

Apple Hardware Test Error: 4BAT/6/40000005: 0x898fb90

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.