Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s + Apple Care

I have an iPhone 5S which is currently covered under Apple Care. I have dropped the phone to the point where it is irreparable (catastrophic damage, screen came off)

What will my options be for getting a replacement?

I was told when purchasing the Apple care (extended warranty) that I would just have to pay a replacement fee for a new unit (regardless of how the phone was broken). Is this true?

I have set up an appointment for a 'repair' at the Genius Bar but i fear they wont be able to do anything when I get there and turn me back with no options.

I am willing to pay the replacement fee as discuessed

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on Feb 24, 2016 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2016 9:55 AM

IF you have AppleCare +, (sold in the USA), you have overage for up to two incidents of accidental damage,(2) each subject to a service fee plus applicable tax ($79 for iPhone 6 or earlier models, $99 for iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus).

If you have regular Applecare (sold outside USA), there is no accidental damage coverage. You may be eligible for purchase of an out-of-warranty replacement with a refurbished phone, price varying with location.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2016 9:55 AM in response to lankybrandon

IF you have AppleCare +, (sold in the USA), you have overage for up to two incidents of accidental damage,(2) each subject to a service fee plus applicable tax ($79 for iPhone 6 or earlier models, $99 for iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus).

If you have regular Applecare (sold outside USA), there is no accidental damage coverage. You may be eligible for purchase of an out-of-warranty replacement with a refurbished phone, price varying with location.

Feb 24, 2016 9:52 AM in response to modular747

I have Apple Care purchased in Canada where i am.

Is the apple Care different because of my location?

I payed a fee up front and was explained that I had 2 replacements in 2 years subject to the fee as stated.

I am on the Canadian version of Apple care website outlining the coverage details and it states:

"Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage,2 each subject to a fee of $79 for iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, or $129 for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, plus applicable tax." under the "Apple Hardware Coverage" heading.

iPhone 5s + Apple Care

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.