Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

guide lines

In Power Point you can setup your guide lines so that you can position each graphic in the same position. Can this be doen in KN?
I have turned on the guide lines, but when you switch to the next slide the guide lines are gone.

Quad 2.5, Mac OS X (10.4.7), Hugh System 4210 raid

Posted on Nov 25, 2006 7:00 PM

8 replies

Nov 25, 2006 10:14 PM in response to FP Manetti

The guidelines can't be copied from slide to slide, but you can copy a slide with guidelines and they will appear in the same position.

Also, if you copy a graphic from one slide, when you paste it on a new slide it will appear in the same position. This can be useful if you need to position a new graphic in the same spot (i.e., move the new graphic to the same location as the old one, send the new one back to that the old on is now in front, and delete the old graphic).

Nov 28, 2006 7:02 AM in response to FP Manetti

As you already know, place the guide lines to match your needs/desires on the Master Slide. Then when you open a regular slide using that particular Master, the "new" slide will possess the attributes of that Master.
While the actual guide lines do not show up on the "new" slide, their position will when you place an object close to the position they occupy. Thus, they function as they should, but only show when an object is aligned with them. Cool? 'Tis to me, because they don't get in the way of what you are trying to do on the slide, and yet function properly.
Hope this helps.

Nov 29, 2006 10:51 AM in response to Joe O'Brien

Use an application whose purpose is to resize your graphics. Your description sounds like each graphic is to be the same size. You can batch resize easily with something like GraphicConverter. Positioning the multiple images on a slide can be simplified by using the distribute option associated with Keynote's alignment tools. I can imagine getting the job done with the use of a single alignment guide line.

THAT's cool.

Nov 29, 2006 11:19 AM in response to Joe O'Brien

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but I use visible and invisible grids all the time to snap sides of objects to the grid.

http://web.mac.com/makentosh/iWeb/tipsfromtheiceberg/Blog/86C1701F-8A86-486E-A6C 9-72F5621F5342.html

You can download a Keynote file there where I've used this. You just set up your grid on the master, then, in the preferences, under Rulers, choose "Show guides at object edges". This doesn't make drawn object snap to, but anything you move on the page will snap accordingly.

guide lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.