Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore my google contacts without moving them to icloud? Furthermore how do I stay in sync with google contacts?

I bought a new iphone. I have my contacts in google contacts. How do I download them and more importantly stay in sync as I make changes to google contacts?

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Feb 24, 2016 7:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2016 7:15 PM

1. Open the Settings app on your device.
  2. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  3. Select Add Account.
  4. Select Google.
  5. Fill out your account information in the following fields:
    • Name: Enter your name
    • User Name: Enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address.
    • Password: Your Google Account or Google Apps password. (If you’ve enabled 2 Step verification, you’ll need to generate and enter an application specific password.)
    • Description: Enter a description of the account (e.g. Personal Contacts).
  6. Select Next at the top of your screen.
  7. Make sure that the "Contacts" option is turned ON. The switch should be green.
  8. Select Save at the top of your screen.

After you've completed setup, open the Contacts app on your device, and syncing will automatically begin.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 24, 2016 7:15 PM in response to Ramesh777

1. Open the Settings app on your device.
  2. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  3. Select Add Account.
  4. Select Google.
  5. Fill out your account information in the following fields:
    • Name: Enter your name
    • User Name: Enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address.
    • Password: Your Google Account or Google Apps password. (If you’ve enabled 2 Step verification, you’ll need to generate and enter an application specific password.)
    • Description: Enter a description of the account (e.g. Personal Contacts).
  6. Select Next at the top of your screen.
  7. Make sure that the "Contacts" option is turned ON. The switch should be green.
  8. Select Save at the top of your screen.

After you've completed setup, open the Contacts app on your device, and syncing will automatically begin.

How do I restore my google contacts without moving them to icloud? Furthermore how do I stay in sync with google contacts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.