Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downgrade from Yosemite to Snow Leopard

Hello,

I would like downgrade from Yosemite to Snow Leopard, I can't boot from the DVD Snow Leopard (the DVD is ejected automatically).

The Yosemite no longer booted (hanged at 50%). While booting in Single User mode, I noticed there were errors on the disk0s2 file system. I tried to repair it with fsck_hfs -r command (more than 50 times !) without success. While booting in Recovery Mode, I managed to erase the volume disk0s2 (fsck check is now OK).

I want to install Snow Leopard. Because I'm on Yosemite, I can't boot on the Snow Leopard DVD. Because I deleted the disk0s2 volume, I can only boot on the Recovery Disk, so I can't erase the disk disk0 (impossible de unmout disk0s3).

This is my question : Can I delete the folder /Volumes/Image Volume (the Recovory Volume) to force boot on the DVD after (I don't want to reinstall Yosemite) ?

Thanks,

4ine

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 25, 2016 2:17 AM

2 replies

Feb 25, 2016 5:44 AM in response to 4ine-35

back up your data with time machine before you proceed

boot into internet reovery

Computers that can be upgraded to use OS X Internet Recovery - Apple Support

format the HD from disk utility

and restore to the OS that came with your computer (by default recovery will replace what is on your system with the OS that shipped at the time of your computers purchase)

If your computer's new OS precedes 10.6 use your instal disk to update to 10.6 and then run the update to 10.6.8 which was arguably one of the most stable instances of OS X

Downgrade from Yosemite to Snow Leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.