Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to straighten pictures in iPhoto

since upgrading i can not straighten my pictures in iPhoto, i've tried EDIT then ADJUST and there is no STRAIGHTEN bar just LIGHT, COLOR and BLACK AND WHITE

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), iOS 9.1

Posted on Feb 25, 2016 7:58 AM

4 replies

Feb 25, 2016 9:03 AM in response to hurricaneph

Probably not your question, since there has been no recent upgrade to iPhoto, but here goes:

In Photos.app for Mac (the replacement for iPhoto since Yosemite 10.10.2, and El Capitan 10.11, "Straighten" is now a function within the Crop tool. First click the crop icon at the right. The image appears as below: Grab the 'indicator dial' and pull up or down to rotate the image, then confirm the change with the Done button in the upper right.

User uploaded file

The Apple Support Communities Photos for Mac app support forum appears under Operating Systems now.

User uploaded file

Feb 25, 2016 10:19 AM in response to hurricaneph

The Straighten tool has been combined with the crop tool, because straightening requires cropping anyway. When you straighten the photo it will be rotated and needs to be cropped. The straighten tool is more versatile than in iPhoto. If photos can determine the best orientation from the horizon or vertical lines, just click the "Auto" button and you do not need to rotate the photo manually. This is working very well for most of my architecture or landscape photos. If you have a trackpad, you can rotate the photo manually by placing two fingers on the trackpad and rotating with two fingers.

You have to enable this in the System Preferences > Trackpad > Scroll & Zoom panel.

User uploaded file

how to straighten pictures in iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.