Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini screen is distorted

I have an iPad mini 2 wifi with iOS 9.1.2 and yesterday I started to have an issue with my screen. I don't know how to describe the trouble other than the screen looks white washed. When I start the iPad is when the issue happens, it never starts in the middle of use. If I hit turn it ofor and on again it usually goes away but sometimes I have to do it a few times. I've done a soft reset, home and power, and the issue persisted but only once. I've never seen the distortion on the apple logo screen however. If I take a screen shot the issue does not come through on the photo. In the pictures you'll see a case which I took off and still had the issue. I've also made sure the battery was fully charged and used in normal operating temperatures. I had not updated any apps or software within 24hrs of the first occurrence. I've not tried a full restore nor a factory reset but will as soon as I can get to my MacBook. It seems like a software issue not a screen issue but I'm baffled. Any thought or anyone else with this issue? User uploaded file

This is what it looks like When messed up. Notice the white streaks.

User uploaded file

THis is is the normal look.

iPad Mini, iOS 9.2.1, Wifi no cellular

Posted on Feb 25, 2016 11:43 AM

9 replies

Feb 25, 2016 6:46 PM in response to Ethan7988

Nope it has never been jailbroken.

Can someone answer me this, when a screen shot is taken just how is it taken? Where does the camera actually capture the image from? The reason I ask is that it will not show on a screen shot ever. So the issue is arising somewhere between what is physically seen and what the video outputs or so I am left to believe. I forgot to mention that the first time or two it happened I hit it against my palm to see if it changed by being jolted, it did not. Thus I don't believe it to be a loose connection. I am still leaning towards a software issue. And it just happened again so I will do a factory reset and restore from an old backup to see if that helps.

May 7, 2016 7:12 PM in response to repentshouse

I'm now of the op that it was my life proof case that caused my issue. I noticed this evening that if I gently touched the back case it caused the screen to distort. I had the iPad for close to a year before I bought the case. It was maybe 3 months after having the case on that the issue would happen. It has also gotten progresively worse. It now happens in mid use and happens more often than not. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't believe so. Others that have had this issue did you have a lifeproof nüde case on at any point? I believe it's a pressure issue.

iPad mini screen is distorted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.