You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

tilde on AZERTY keyboard

what is the key corresponding to tilde on AZERTY keyboard to do the keyboard shortcut for a roll edit without moving connected clip ?

See this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vJ4KBou8-g

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 25, 2016 11:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2016 1:14 AM

It is the grave key, just like in the US keyboard.

You can open the Keyboard viewer to easily check the location of any key.

User uploaded file

10 replies

Feb 26, 2016 3:39 AM in response to frenchps49

I don't think you understand my problem. Watch the video. You'll see you need to press the tilde key. I know where the tilde key is on an AZERTY keyboard but if I use it in the shortcut it doesn't work as in the video. The connected clip moves as well and not the clip in the main storyline only. The grave key doesn't work either. Any other proposal ?

Feb 26, 2016 4:51 AM in response to frenchps49

frenchps49 wrote:

I don't think you understand my problem. Watch the video. You'll see you need to press the tilde key. I know where the tilde key is on an AZERTY keyboard but if I use it in the shortcut it doesn't work as in the video. The connected clip moves as well and not the clip in the main storyline only. The grave key doesn't work either. Any other proposal ?

I don't think you read my reply.

It is not the tilde key, it is the GRAVE key - the rightmost in orange in the picture of the keyboard that I posted.

You said AZERTY keyboard. There is more than one - the one I tested is the French keyboard. I tried it and it DOES work.

Feb 26, 2016 8:43 AM in response to frenchps49

I di read your reply. As I said I tried it with the grave key and it doesn't work.... The connected clip moves as well just the same way as doing a roll edit without using the grave key. I trashed the preferences to see if it made any difference and it didn't. I read elsewhere something about 'override connections' in Commands > Customize. Anyone heard that ?

Feb 27, 2016 3:18 AM in response to frenchps49

frenchps49 wrote:

Thanks for still trying to help me.

- Yes I use a French keyboard. Yes I hold down the grave key.

- I'd like to reach "Override Connections" but I down know how this is translated in French so I can't find it because everything is translated in the Command Editor.

"Remplacer les connexions"

I switched the language to French, as well the keyboard, and it was all working.

As soon as I hold the grave key I can see the orange sign for overriding connections.

Then I realized I had been used my sligtly modified set of commands and I saw that I could set it to the default for French...

As soon as I did that, I saw that in the French version they use a different combination:: COMMAND-~

I guess that is finally it :-)

tilde on AZERTY keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.