Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac loses network configuration after hibernation

I'm running the latest OS X version 10.11.3 (15D21).

My network interface, en0, has a static internal IP address, which it's had for a very long time. What's been happening, is after the system is hibernated, en0 loses its network configuration -- that is, it's IP address is gone. Even though the System Preferences shows that it's correct. So, either I reboot the system which will fix that, or I just tweak the IP address and "Apply" and it comes back.

This seems like a bug to me. Anyone else have this going on?

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Feb 25, 2016 11:06 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2016 8:54 AM in response to Forrest

Hello Forrest,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

If your Mac doesn't connect to your local network after waking from sleep, you can find some good troubleshooting steps to try in Mac OS X: Troubleshooting a cable modem, DSL, or LAN Internet connection. I recommend going through the steps in the following sections of the article:

• If you're on a local area network
  • If you use AirPort
  • Check all cables and power supplies
  • Reset/power cycle modem hardware

Additionally, these isolating steps can help resolve the situation or narrow down the cause:

These additional steps may help identify or resolve the issue:

• Reset the SMC.
  • Reset NVRAM.
  • Disconnect external devices other than your Apple keyboard, mouse, and display. If that resolves the issue, gradually reconnect your devices, testing each time, until you find the device that is interfering with sleep. Then check the documentation that came with the device, or contact the device manufacturer.
  • Start up in Safe Mode to see if the issue is related to non-Apple startup items, login items, or kernel extensions.
  • Try to isolate the issue by using another user account.

From If your Mac doesn't sleep or wake when expected

Best Regards.

Mac loses network configuration after hibernation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.