Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create PST file in Outlook for Mac 2016?

I am used to having a PST file as a folder in Outlook for windows, I have rules that move unread mail to the PST folders so that mailbox never gets full.

How do I create a similar archive system in Outlook for Mac 2016?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 26, 2016 1:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2017 11:51 PM

Hi,

I found no direct way of converting your mails in Outlook Mac (that are stored in .olm format) to PST. There aren't much tool that do this conversion on a MAC too. I searched for quite sometime and ended up with this article:

https://www.gladwev.com/portfolio/outlook-mac-pst-converter-ultimate-mac-os/

I took a free trial and it worked quite impressively.

It is named OLM to PST Converter Ultimate.

Hope this helps.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2017 11:51 PM in response to izombieneveryou

Hi,

I found no direct way of converting your mails in Outlook Mac (that are stored in .olm format) to PST. There aren't much tool that do this conversion on a MAC too. I searched for quite sometime and ended up with this article:

https://www.gladwev.com/portfolio/outlook-mac-pst-converter-ultimate-mac-os/

I took a free trial and it worked quite impressively.

It is named OLM to PST Converter Ultimate.

Hope this helps.

Dec 6, 2016 4:10 AM in response to izombieneveryou

Mac Outlook uses a file named ".olm" instead of ".pst"

To create one (the File>More Items...>Outlook Data File menu being missing on Mac Outlook):

1. Use File>Export... (Choose 'Items of these types' and un-tick everything) to create an empty .olm file
  2. Use File->Import... to bring that file in to use.
  3. The file will appear on the left under 'On My Computer'

You will now be able to do such advanced things as create 'New Contact Group' and the details will be stored in the local file.

How to create PST file in Outlook for Mac 2016?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.