Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't share photos from iPhone

Hello,

I have a 5s with ios 9.2.1 and can no longer share the older photos on my phone. I can share the new ones (a couple weeks old or newer) but photos taken before that are low-res in my library and if I try to send as text or attache to email I get the following error:

Unable to Share

There was an error while preparing to share. Please try again later.

Any idea how to fix? It doesn't matter if I'm connected via wifi, plugged in to the computer, or using cellular data. I've tried a hard reset and syncing the phone but nothing changes.

Thanks!

John

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 26, 2016 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 8:37 PM

I Had this same problem, and a lot of others did too! I finally figured it out!!!

GO to settings>photos & camera>✔️Download & keep originals!!!

apparently there's some unresolved server error with iCloud where if you choose "optimize iPhone storage" it tries to store most of the info on the cloud but the communication isn't working, even on the strongest wifi signals! I am SO HAPPY I finally figured out what the problem was. Prior to this I had a ton of pics that I couldn't do anything with! Super lame apple, let's get that fixed please.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2016 8:37 PM in response to John Nestor2

I Had this same problem, and a lot of others did too! I finally figured it out!!!

GO to settings>photos & camera>✔️Download & keep originals!!!

apparently there's some unresolved server error with iCloud where if you choose "optimize iPhone storage" it tries to store most of the info on the cloud but the communication isn't working, even on the strongest wifi signals! I am SO HAPPY I finally figured out what the problem was. Prior to this I had a ton of pics that I couldn't do anything with! Super lame apple, let's get that fixed please.

May 2, 2016 8:03 AM in response to SamV9787

This is about the fifth or sixth question I have seen with this issue. None have helped me. I have also asked a question. I cannot plug my iPhone 5s into my PC (windows 10) and bring the "phone file" up in My Computer and then drag and drop my photos to the file I want them in. There are many photos that are not backed up on the cloud because I have too many. I have tried deleting some of the photos from the iCloud by comparing the photos on the iCloud with my personal files on the computer that were drag and dropped into those files. Help! I have just updated the phone to 9.3.1 and it seems it has happened just recently about this.

Can't share photos from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.