Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flashing globe icon

On my eMac I get a flashing globe icon at startup and nothing else. Any suggestions as to how to correct the problem.

I was trying to do a Migration setup between my emac and a MacBook. And I was in the process of restarting it when I

must have hit a wrong button.

MacBook, iOS 10.4.11

Posted on Feb 26, 2016 9:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2016 9:20 PM

Restart it with the Option key held down.

If you see a drive in the Startup Manager, click on it and then select the internal drive in the Startup Disk pane of System Preferences(or the Startup Disk control panel for Mac OS 9).

If not, insert a Mac OS X install DVD and try repairing the internal drive, or if possible, run the migration again.

(139997)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2016 9:20 PM in response to raymond158

Restart it with the Option key held down.

If you see a drive in the Startup Manager, click on it and then select the internal drive in the Startup Disk pane of System Preferences(or the Startup Disk control panel for Mac OS 9).

If not, insert a Mac OS X install DVD and try repairing the internal drive, or if possible, run the migration again.

(139997)

Flashing globe icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.