Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6s plays same song over and over. How do i play songs top to bottom?

IPhone 6s plays same song. I have seen older post about colors white and blue but I can't find how to do this. when I hit shuffle it just random picks a new song. What am I doing wrong?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 27, 2016 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2016 2:19 PM

Hi david5311,

If I understand your question, you have a list of songs (a playlist?) that you want to play in order, but one of your songs is repeating instead. Is that right?

Take a look at the resource below for instructions on how to use the new Music app on your iPhone. If you change your view to the full-size Now Playing screen, you can see the controls a little easier. Make sure the repeat and shuffle features are turned off and the songs should play in the order listed.

Using the new Music app

Play your music

User uploaded file

When you play a song, you see the Miniplayer at the bottom of the screen. You can keep browsing other titles to find the perfect next song.

User uploaded file

Or you can tap or swipe up on the Miniplayer to see the Now Playing screen and controls. Tap the User uploaded file in the upper-left corner or swipe down to close the Now Playing screen.

Also on the Now Playing screen, you can rewind, pause, or fast forward a song, control the volume, and more.

User uploaded file

Shuffle or repeat your music

Tap User uploaded file at the bottom of the Now Playing screen to shuffle the songs in a playlist or album. You can also ask Siri to shuffle your music.

Tap User uploaded file once to play an entire playlist or album on repeat or twice to repeat one song.

Enjoy!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2016 2:19 PM in response to david5311

Hi david5311,

If I understand your question, you have a list of songs (a playlist?) that you want to play in order, but one of your songs is repeating instead. Is that right?

Take a look at the resource below for instructions on how to use the new Music app on your iPhone. If you change your view to the full-size Now Playing screen, you can see the controls a little easier. Make sure the repeat and shuffle features are turned off and the songs should play in the order listed.

Using the new Music app

Play your music

User uploaded file

When you play a song, you see the Miniplayer at the bottom of the screen. You can keep browsing other titles to find the perfect next song.

User uploaded file

Or you can tap or swipe up on the Miniplayer to see the Now Playing screen and controls. Tap the User uploaded file in the upper-left corner or swipe down to close the Now Playing screen.

Also on the Now Playing screen, you can rewind, pause, or fast forward a song, control the volume, and more.

User uploaded file

Shuffle or repeat your music

Tap User uploaded file at the bottom of the Now Playing screen to shuffle the songs in a playlist or album. You can also ask Siri to shuffle your music.

Tap User uploaded file once to play an entire playlist or album on repeat or twice to repeat one song.

Enjoy!

iphone 6s plays same song over and over. How do i play songs top to bottom?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.