Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MainStage 3 Program Changes

Hi,

I am a complete newbie to MainStage but finally took the plunge down the software synth route as opposed to buying more hardware synths and racks.

My existing rig is centered around an app called BandHelper. Great application for storing songs and set lists etc... And one other feature I really like is that for a song you can store Midi presets and send Midi Program Changes to your gear to change patches etc..

This is working great with my "real" synths but I can't get it to work with MainStage 3.

I have created a simple concert and added to instruments, and displayed the patch information. I have Classic Electric Piano assigned to B1/P1 and Lighter Shade Organ to B1/P2.

In BandHelper I have created two Midi Presets, MS B1/P1 & MS B1/P2 with the following Program Change information:

MS B1/P1 MSB - 0, LSB = 1, Program = 001

MS B1/P2 MSB - 0, LSB = 1, Program = 002.

When I tap these presets in BandHelper, I can see in the Midi tools in the center of MainStage the same numbers show up. When I display the MIDI message monitor I can also see the same info. e.g.

Control Change: 0 (Bank MSB) Value =0

Control Change: 32 (Bank LSB) Value=1

Program Change Value=1

Control Change: 0 (Bank MSB) Value =0

Control Change: 32 (Bank LSB) Value=1

Program Change Value=2

But MainStage does not switch the patches. What am I doing wrong!

Alan

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013)

Posted on Feb 27, 2016 6:10 AM

There are no replies.

MainStage 3 Program Changes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.