Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing pre-installed apps

Hi all,

I just bought an iPhone 6S last Friday and all preinstalled apps such as GarageBand, Pages etc. was available. However, after I have reset my phone for me to use Move to iOS app, I noticed that all these preinstalled apps went missing. I only have ONE icloud account as this is my first apple product. Both icloud and app store is logged in using the same account. Now all these apps are not free anymore. Please help me with this issue. Thank you.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 27, 2016 6:20 PM

8 replies

Feb 27, 2016 6:32 PM in response to akalilyy

GarageBand and Pages are not pre-installed apps. Examples of pre-installed apps are Weather, Stocks, Notes.

GarageBand and Pages are apps that can be purchased (perhaps at a price) from the App Store.

If you purchased the iPhone 6S as a new device (which sounds like it is not the case, as a brand new iPhone 6S would not have Pages or GarageBand loaded on it), you could go to the App Store on the iPhone and check the availability of Pages or GarageBand. It sounds as if you have done that and learned these apps are not free.

Missing pre-installed apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.