Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are my copies going?

In the tips it says we can save or make a copy of something. Well when I make a copy I do not know where it goes.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 27, 2016 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2016 8:29 PM

Are you talking about copying ... to the clipboard? That is what it sounds like.

You select an area and choose "copy". Then you position the cursor where you like and choose "paste."

http://help.apple.com/iphone/9/#/iph3c50ee9e

8 replies

Feb 27, 2016 9:13 PM in response to Lizhex

Your clipboard is simply a section of memory on your iPhone. The way to view it is to paste its contents.

Clipboards are very common on computers, used in this same way. The original iPhone (introduced in 2007) did not include a clipboard (cut and paste) capability. That was introduced some time later, like 2009 or 2010.

Where are my copies going?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.