Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add Exchange account to Outlook on iPhone 6

I use Outlook on an iPhone 6S. No problems adding outlook.com and Google accounts. Unable to add Exchange account - after minutes of trying to connect to the server, the error message says that connection to the server failed. Strange thing is that another app I use, Mail+ for Outlook, works perfectly (mail, calendar & contacts) with the same settings as inserted in Outlook. I had the same problem with my iPhone 5S

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 28, 2016 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2016 1:25 PM

It could have something with the way the Outlook app communicates with your Exchange server. I would check with the Exchange administrator to see if the app is actually communicating with the server. They can see that information from their end. Exchange servers can be very particular with what types of outside devices communicate with the server. If that does not reveal a problem, then check with Microsoft, who created the Outlook app, to see if they can provide any insight into this.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2016 1:25 PM in response to drsbfn

It could have something with the way the Outlook app communicates with your Exchange server. I would check with the Exchange administrator to see if the app is actually communicating with the server. They can see that information from their end. Exchange servers can be very particular with what types of outside devices communicate with the server. If that does not reveal a problem, then check with Microsoft, who created the Outlook app, to see if they can provide any insight into this.

Mar 1, 2016 1:30 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks Chris. I spoke again to our IT guys who manage our Exchange server, who previously told me there was nothing wrong at their end. They looked again and found something (I don't know what) and then asked me to try again. Whatever they did worked, because MS Outlook as well as the Apple Mail app works perfectly.

Cannot add Exchange account to Outlook on iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.