Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't login to itunes

When I go to log in to iTunes, I click the button and nothing happens. It also won't let me authorize the laptop. If I click "create apple id," that works. But nothing else even responds.

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 28, 2016 2:03 PM

7 replies

Feb 28, 2016 2:21 PM in response to inwhysea

You should tell us a whole lot more. Examples:

• What version of OS X are you using? (Current is 10.11.3)
  • What version of iTunes are you using? (Current is 12.3.2)
  • You say "... log in to iTunes ..." How exactly are you attempting to do that? What did you press before attempting to log in to get to that point? How did you respond to a login prompt?
  • You say "... nothing happens ..." What exactly does that mean? Does that mean you entered some data that simply remains on the screen? Can you not remove or change what appears?
  • You say "... click the button ..." What button? What exactly does it say? In what context?

Feb 29, 2016 4:48 AM in response to sberman

Running El Capitan, OSX 10.11.3 on a MacBook Pro

iTunes 12.3.2

When I attempt to click "Sign In" at the top of the iTunes window

User uploaded file

nothing happens. The app is unresponsive.

The same thing happens when I try to log in from the toolbar:

User uploaded file

The only button that works from the Store dropdown is "Create Apple ID..."

So, when trying to login using the only two options provided, nothing happens. No prompt, no chance to enter my Apple ID, nothing.

Mar 14, 2016 8:51 AM in response to albo

I've also started having this issue - no ability to sign - in, I never get the prompt to enter apple id or pw.

On my system, I have Parallel's Desktop and i can get itunes for Windows to work through it on the same computer.

I've gone into my apple account and Deauthorized all computers, then try to reauthorize my mac - but still no ability to log in.

the sign in dialog box simply doesn't appear.

Can't login to itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.