Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot turn off Find my iPhone with 5S

User uploaded file

How do I fix this? I need to return my phone to Asurion ASAP!

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Feb 28, 2016 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2016 3:40 PM

Is your data working on the phone? Are you connected to the internet? It appears you are. If not, then log into http://www.icloud.com and select the device and remove it from there. That should take care of it.

7 replies

Feb 28, 2016 4:41 PM in response to Clinters77

YYour backup still exist with iCloud you will basically have to set up the phone as new you will get to a step were you have 4 options either set up as new phone, restore from iTunes, restore from iCloud, or set up later. You will want to restore from iCloud put in your Apple ID and password hopefully depending on how you have it set up everything wil restore ALSO WHEN SETTING UP IF YOU SELECT ENABLE LOCATION SERVICES find my iPhone will automatically be on. To turn it off simply requires your code and an Internet connection to communicate with apple that it is you Turing it off and not some POS phone thief.

Feb 28, 2016 5:20 PM in response to Clinters77

f you need to restore for what ever reason before you send it back the easiest way is to set it up from the beginning so if your home screen says hello. Like it would after a factory reset and just get up to about the fourth step for you do the restore from iCloud that will pull whatever you have backed up back to the phone you can then do what you need to and factory reset the phone at that point to send back just remember not to enable location services because that will turn on find my phone again

Cannot turn off Find my iPhone with 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.