Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipod shuffle 4th generation is not recognized by Windows 10

My Ipod shuffle 4th generation is not recognized by Windows 10 or Itunes. I have 2 cords and 2 ipod shuffles so it isnt a hardware issue. No lights appear when plugged in. I have tried using a usb hub in order to solve the problem but that did not work. No drivers appear in the device manager as well.

iPod shuffle, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 29, 2016 1:56 PM

12 replies

Feb 29, 2016 2:14 PM in response to cgnick26

First, make sure the USB docking cable is fully inserted into the shuffle's headphones jack, as shown in this document.

iPod shuffle (4th generation): Not seen in iTunes - Apple Support

Are you saying you have two shuffles, and they are BOTH have this problem? Or this problem is only with one of them? If it's with only one, are both shuffles 4th gen?

Are the two USB docking cables you are currently using the original cable that came with the 4th gen shuffle?

Feb 29, 2016 5:05 PM in response to cgnick26

Did these shuffles work before with your current computer (and its current software installation), and they both stopped working for some reason? Or are you trying to use these shuffle with this computer for the first time?

If the computer is the same, was there a major change, such as upgrading to Windows 10, that coincided with the shuffles not working?

Feb 29, 2016 5:26 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

One of the ipod shuffles I just got used but functioning perfectly fine. The other one I have had for awhile. They both randomly stopped being read by my computer or wont even be charged through the wall outlet. This has all been on the same computer and it may have been an update on Windows 10 in the past few weeks that could have done it, but they have worked on Windows 10 for awhile beforehand.

Feb 29, 2016 5:33 PM in response to cgnick26

It's odd that both shuffles had this problem at the same time, if there was no major change to your computer's software. It's also odd they both do not charge using a USB power adapter, which has nothing to do with iTunes or Windows 10 or the computer. Did that USB power adapter work with your shuffles before?

If you have not already, try both of the USB docking cable you have with the USB power adapter, trying both of the shuffle. You don't get a solid light on the shuffle with any combination?

Feb 29, 2016 11:06 PM in response to cgnick26

Do you have a more typical USB power adapter, like the one that comes with an iPhone/iPad (or other device). The first thing to do is confirm at least one of your USB docking cables works for charging at least one of your shuffles. Then, use that one on your computer's port and attempt to get a data connection (where the shuffle's light comes on and blinks amber). If the shuffle does not even charge from a power-only connection, you can't really move forward.

Alternately, if you have an Apple Store nearby, make an reservation with the store's Genius Bar (tech support staff). Take both of your shuffles and both of your USB docking cables. Figure out what is working and not working. If your computer running iTunes is a laptop, you may want to take it along too. You can make a reservation using the store's web page

https://www.apple.com/retail/

My Ipod shuffle 4th generation is not recognized by Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.