Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I enable NAT-PMP (NAT Port Mapping Protocol) or UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) ?

I am trying to set up Edovia Screen and it say I need to enable NAT-PMP (NAT Port Mapping Protocol) or UPnP (Universal Plug and Play).

How do I do this ?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 29, 2016 3:33 PM

6 replies

Feb 29, 2016 7:53 PM in response to eyen1

Assuming that you have an Apple router.....and that is configured as the main router for your network to provide DHCP and NAT services for your network........

Open Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

Click on the AirPort router

Click Edit in the smaller window that appears

Click the Network tab at the top of the next window

Click the Network Options button near the bottom of the window

Make sure that there is a check mark in the box next to Enable NAT Port Mapping Protocol

This is normally enabled by default, and should already have a check mark entered.

User uploaded file

If you don't see an option to Enable NAT Port Mapping Protocol, your AirPort router is operating in Bridge Mode.....meaning that there is another router controlling the network. You might call this device your "modem".

That is the device on which you must enable NAT Port Mapping or UPnP.......not the AirPort device.

Feb 29, 2016 4:39 PM in response to eyen1

I am using an AirPort Express purchase couple of days ago.

Using AirPort Utility . . . this is the path I can take

* Highlight the image of my AirPort Express in the AirPort Utility

* Edit

* Network

* Network Options . . .

Where it shows

Blocking incoming IPv6 connection (checked)

Allow Teredo tunnels (unchecked)

Allow incoming IPSec authentication (checked)

Feb 29, 2016 7:52 PM in response to eyen1

Please see the part of my post above where I said......

If you don't see an option to Enable NAT Port Mapping Protocol, your AirPort router is operating in Bridge Mode.....meaning that there is another router controlling the network. You might call this device your "modem".

That is the device on which you must enable NAT Port Mapping or UPnP.......not the AirPort device.

So, if your Internet Service Provider furnished your modem/router to you.....you will need to get in touch with them to find out how to enable NAT / PMP or UPnP on their device. The AirPort Express is not involved at all in this process.....it will simply pass through the settings that it receives from your modem/router.

The bottom line.....you might have thought that the AirPort Express was your router. It is not. You have another device on your network that is acting as the router for your network. And it is that device that must be set up for NAT / PMP or, more likely it will have UPnP settings that will need to be enabled.

how do I enable NAT-PMP (NAT Port Mapping Protocol) or UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.