Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I print a table (multiple pages) the text box beneath the table seems to move underneath the table, and prints with the table overlapping it. My only solution is to push the text box far down the page before printing... Any advice?

Im having problems formatting a text box so that my table doesn't print right overtop of it. I want it at the bottom of my table (It's the "tems and conditions" of the budget)

Any advice would be great.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Mar 1, 2016 10:43 AM

5 replies

Jun 14, 2016 7:13 AM in response to rustyb103

I'm dealing with this same problem as well. Would love to know if there is a better way to get the text box to move along with the table instead of getting the overlapping effect. Having to manually adjust the layout every time I want to get a reasonable printout of a document (or to export it as a PDF) seems counterintuitive, especially when it causes the document to look poorly laid out on screen.

I'm currently running version 3.6.2 of Numbers in case that matters.

Jun 15, 2016 6:58 AM in response to Yellowbox

Ian,

The problem doesn't happen while editing the document; it occurs when you try to print it or export it as a PDF (as is the case with me). Since first posting about this yesterday, I've been able to figure out the cause of the problem, but not a solution for it. Here's what I've learned:

When printing (or exporting as a PDF), the problem seems to only occur when the table stretches across multiple pages and you have the Print option selected to Repeat table headers. The issue is that the printout does not adjust for these extra header rows and so it is causing the table to appear as though it is overlapping the textbox. The problem doesn't happen if Repeat table headers is not selected.

See the screenshots below. They are taken from the Print preview.

Repeat table headers is selectedRepeat table headers is NOT selected

Notice the overlap on the second page.

User uploaded file

No overlap!

User uploaded file

So, I guess it's kind of a bug. Now, if only Apple will fix it..............

-Lauren

Jun 15, 2016 8:44 PM in response to Lauren Oxford

"So, I guess it's kind of a bug. Now, if only Apple will fix it.............."

Apple fixing this is less likely if it's not reported. Please us the Provide Numbers Feedback item in the Numbers Menu in Numbers to file a bug report.

I was able to reproduce your result, and have sent a bug report on the issue.

Regards,

Barry

When I print a table (multiple pages) the text box beneath the table seems to move underneath the table, and prints with the table overlapping it. My only solution is to push the text box far down the page before printing... Any advice?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.