Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to move icloud photos to icloud drive

I am the running the newest operating system. I can not seem to find a way to move all my photos in icloud to drive. I bought tons of storage in drive because I read that after a while photos will be deleted from icloud and I don't want that to happen. I even tried dragging photos from the photos app on my computer but it won't accept it in drive.

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Mar 2, 2016 12:13 AM

4 replies

Mar 6, 2016 1:26 AM in response to Jneems

I bought tons of storage in drive because I read that after a while photos will be deleted from icloud and I don't want that to happen.

iCloud has different services for photos.

It is My Photo Stream, that is buffering the photos only for one month in iCloud, but if you are using iCloud Photo Library, the photos will stay in your iCloud Photo Library, until you delete them.

Since you have signed up for plenty of Cloud storage, using iCloud Photo Library will be the easiest way to manage your photos in iCloud.

See: iCloud Photo Library FAQ

How to move icloud photos to icloud drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.