Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had a white screen, I restarted in Safe mode and now it's a blue screen. Any ideas?

I've been having problems with the Macbook Pro since the last update. It froze in a white screen. I turned it off and on again, and it came up white. I read in troubleshooting that I should try a safe boot. I did that and now it is a blue screen. I was wandering if anyone had a solution without having to reconfigure it. And if I had to restart or reconfigure it from the time machine disk, how do I go about doing that?

Mac Pro

Posted on Mar 2, 2016 2:49 AM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2016 12:33 PM in response to bhyde05

Hello bhyde05,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your Mac is starting up to screens displaying solid colors (white and now blue) on the display and you have already attempted to start in safe mode, but the issue continues.

To continue troubleshooting, I would suggest starting your Mac from Recovery and using Disk Utility to repair your disk or run First Aid. The following article explains this process in more detail.

Try Disk Utility

Use these steps to use the Disk Utility app to verify or repair a disk.

1. If you're using OS X Lion or later, start the computer from Recovery System or Internet Recovery. If you're using an older version of OS X and your computer came with a Mac OS X Install disc, insert the installation disc and restart the computer while holding the C key instead.
  2. When your computer finishes starting up, choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.
  3. Click the First Aid tab.
  4. Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.
  5. Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").
  6. Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Tip: With Mac OS X v10.6 and earlier, always start up your computer from an Install or Restore disc when using Disk Utility to verify or repair your startup volume. Otherwise, you might see some disk error messages.

Resolve startup issues and perform disk maintenance with Disk Utility and fsck - Apple Support

Cheers!

I had a white screen, I restarted in Safe mode and now it's a blue screen. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.