Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Browser Causing Responsive Issue on Website

Why is the Safari browser making our website no longer be responsive? We have contacted our hosting company and this is a real problem since it is the default browser on iPhones and iPads. Please advise - hoping it will be resolved soon.

Posted on Mar 2, 2016 7:56 AM

11 replies

Mar 2, 2016 12:32 PM in response to Klaus1

Yes - and this site is not new. It has been live since April 2015, and all of the sudden an IOS update or perhaps a WordPress update is causing issues in Safari. If you re-enter the URL several times the site pulls up, but that is just not acceptable. When you pull it up in Firefox or Chrome, absolutely no issues. We are seeing some issues on mobile devices in Firefox as well - it's responsive but the scale is huge.

Mar 2, 2016 5:39 PM in response to JJPR

I just tried it, and it's a tad slow to open, and then it's fine.

Very nice site, actually.

Have you cleared all your previous cookies for your site? And then immediately restarted Safari?

I'm on the latest Safari on a MBP. On my iPhone, it says "could not open the page because the server stopped responding."

And then a minute later, it opens.

Safari Browser Causing Responsive Issue on Website

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.