Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I down loaded security update to my i mac OS X I was asked to install it now . However I did not as I wanted to do it later .Now I cant find it to install What can I do???

how do you recover updates if you did not download them right away. Imac 0S Z 10.6 .8

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Mar 2, 2016 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2016 9:09 AM

Have you checked the user/home folder/Downloads to see it the update is there? Do you remember what update it was?

5 replies

May 4, 2016 10:12 AM in response to Camille1938

Camille, the blinking question-mark icon usually signifies the startup code can't find your hard-disk. If you have a backup disk drive, then connect it to your computer normally, and power it by its own power-supply. Then restart your computer holding down the "Option" key. You should see all the disk drives the startup code can find. Your hard-disk might be one of them. If you select that, your system might boot. Otherwise, restart again, with the Option key held down, and choose your backup disk drive. That should boot. You would then need to "backup" your backup to your hard-drive, which you may need to rename and/or repair with "Disk Utility" from your currently running backup.

If you don't have a backup disk-drive, restart your computer holding down the "Option" key, and choose whatever disk is found. Good luck

I down loaded security update to my i mac OS X I was asked to install it now . However I did not as I wanted to do it later .Now I cant find it to install What can I do???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.