Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different clock rate dual d500

Why is one 725Mz and the other 150Mz?

Posted on Mar 2, 2016 4:50 PM

13 replies

Mar 3, 2016 9:19 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Yeah, strange. I ran AHT and found nothing wrong. The weird thing is that I'm getting benchmark tests comparable to similar machines. What gives? I noticed I have an older driver of OpenCL from December of last year. I saw that some folks have OpenCL from February of this year, could that be the difference? Can I update? Or is it specific to those GPU's?

I'm afraid if I go to the Genius Bar, they'll say that there's nothing wrong by using their hardware test.

Mar 3, 2016 9:37 AM in response to Dave at The River

Anything symptom you can duplicate without third-party add-ons present, they can fix. Repair-by-replacement can seem glacially slow, especially if they do not have the parts on hand, but it does make progress.

The fastest way to eliminate third-party add-ons for testing is to invoke Safe Mode (hold down Shift at Startup), which loads minimal Apple extensions, and NO third-party extensions.

Mar 4, 2016 7:30 PM in response to Gimmac

that both my monitors are driven by ONE D300 (Slot-2)

and if you had six, they would all be driven by ONE graphics card, leaving the second card free (by Design) for un-interrupted GPU computation without interruption.

This allows GPU computation to proceed MUCH faster on the free GPU. Interrupts for mundane drawing tasks require the GPU computations to be restarted, which is very inefficient.

Different clock rate dual d500

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.