Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod 5th gen. Date is Dec. 31 1969, time is ignoring time zone

I was on my Ipod Touch 5th Gen iOS 9.2.1 when it died. I didn't get around to plugging it back in for a few hours. When I got it charged and turned on it said it was Dec 31, 1969. The time was off too. I've played around with the date and time using other instructions but haven't had any luck. It currently says it is Jan 4th, 1970 now. I have also been getting the notification saying "Cannot Verify Server Identity: The Identity of "calender.google.com" cannot be verified my Gmail notnef(The email I have attached to my mail app but not attached to my Apple account). review the certificate details to continue" I went into details of the error and told it to trust. But that didn't appear to change anything. I'm now going to turn my Ipod off and back on again but I doubt that will do anything. Help?

Thanks!

iPod touch, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Mar 4, 2016 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2016 7:24 AM

Go to Settings>General>Language and Regions and make sure Calendar is set to Gregorian

2 replies

Ipod 5th gen. Date is Dec. 31 1969, time is ignoring time zone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.