Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Medical dictionary for pages

Hi I'm using pages at university and I have to use a lot of technical words, but pages underline them even if they are right. I have a macbook pro so if I press my trackpad the macbook show me the dictionary with definitions of the word that I chose, if I search a technical word the dictionary finds it and it tells to me the right definition, so I can't understand why pages underline it even if it is in the dictionary and it already exists! I don't know how to choose italian oxford dictionary for pages instead of Apple dictionary.

Sorry for my terrible english I hope you understand my problem 😉.

Thanks in advice

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Mar 5, 2016 3:07 AM

2 replies

Mar 5, 2016 9:56 AM in response to Mett03

Mett03 wrote:

I can't understand why pages underline it even if it is in the dictionary and it already exists!

The reference dictionaries where you look up the meaning of words have nothing to do with spellcheck. That is handled by other dictionaries. Apple does not provide a spellcheck dictionary for medical terms, but you might be able to install one from the libraoffice site.

To use a different reference dictionary like Italian, open the Dictionary.app in the Applications folder and then go to its Preferenes and check the box for the ones you want.

Medical dictionary for pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.