Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

were can i get a airport extreme card for I mac g4 pleas help

were can i get one for imac g4 pleas help

Posted on Mar 5, 2016 3:12 PM

2 replies

Mar 5, 2016 6:02 PM in response to remming

If your iMac G4 model has USB 2.0 (not 1.1) ports, you may want to get a USB wireless adapter instead. But you also need to confirm the product has a compatible driver for your version of Mac OS X.

Here's one that is on sale at OWC

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/NewerTech/MXP3802NU2C/

because it is apparently no longer compatible with the latest versions of OS X. However, it is compatible Mac OS X 10.5.x (Leopard), according the the description. So, if your iMac G4 runs Leopard 10.5.8 and has USB 2.0 ports, this may be an affordable choice. It may work with USB 1.1 port, but the speed will be considerably slower compared to the internal AirPort Extreme card (because USB 1.1 is so slow). With USB 2.0 port, it should be faster than the AirPort Extreme card.

One advantage of finding a used AirPort Extreme card is that no third-party driver is needed. Support is included in the standard Mac OS X installation.

were can i get a airport extreme card for I mac g4 pleas help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.