Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tv shows on AppleTv taking hours to load!

We have had our Apple Tv for around a month now and in the first few weeks it was working really well, loading really quickly, watching movies, all the stuff it's supposed to do but then one day it just wouldn't load anything and it keeps coming up that the tv show is ready to watch in 1 hour, then it will change to 30 minutes, then 3 hours, it's all over the place! Our internet connection is strong, I've checked it, our Netflix works fine, YouTube, all other apps on our TV. Does anyone know what could be the problem? I read somewhere online that it could be full but apparently you can't check it and I have no movies, just a few tv shows and they're mostly short kids ones for our daughter, so I don't think it could be at full capacity. I've restarted it, changed the video resolution, done all the things that Apple recommends. I'm not the most tech savvy with things like this and I recently moved to Germany and can't speak the language so it makes it difficult to communicate with the electronics shop we bought it from, if anyone can shed some light for me that would be great! Thank you :-)

AppleTV 2, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Mar 6, 2016 5:38 AM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2016 6:41 AM in response to kia85

Welcome to the Apple Community.

our Netflix works fine, YouTube,

These apps are generally lower quality than iTunes movies and won't require the same bandwidth.

Intermittent problems are often a result of interference. Interference can be caused by other networks in the neighbourhood or from household electrical items.

You can download and install iStumbler (NetStumbler for windows users) to help you see which channels are used by neighbouring networks so that you can avoid them, but iStumbler will not see household items.

Refer to your router manual for instructions on changing your wifi channel or adjusting your multicast rate.

There are other types of problems that can affect networks, but this is by far the most common, hence worth mentioning first. Networks that have inherent issues can be seen to work differently with different versions of the same software. You might also try moving the Apple TV away from other electrical equipment.

The following article(s) may help you.

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Recommended Wi-Fi settings

Sources of Interference

Wifi Diagnostic Software (for Mac users)

You may also find some help on this page, where I’ve collected some of the more unusual solutions to network issues.

Tv shows on AppleTv taking hours to load!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.