Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broken iPod touch 5th gen. Need to put in recovery mode without buttons.

My iPod touches home button is broken, and my warranty is up. I need to put my iPod in recovery mode and I have tried to use RecBoot, but it didn't work. I don't know if I did it wrong or what, but it is not working. My iPod says that it is disabled and I have to connect to iTunes, but when I connected to iTunes it said that I need to type in my pass code. I have called and talked to Apple, and they say there is nothing that they can do unless I take it to the store. The closest store is 4 hours away, and I have no way to get there. I don't know when my last backup was. Any suggestions are welcome!! I think it is iOS 9.0.1 or close to that.

iPod touch, iOS 9, It might be 9.0.1

Posted on Mar 6, 2016 1:05 PM

2 replies

Mar 6, 2016 1:27 PM in response to 00Purvis00

If this does not work:

If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone and use Remote Wipeto erase the contents of your device. If you have been using iCloud to back up, you may be able to restore the most recent backup to reset the passcode after the device has been erased.

You can also wipe the iOS device by installing the FindMyiPhone app on another iOS device and using that app to wipe the device.

Try RecBoo on another computer.

If still problem then an Apple Store visit is in order or try contacting a lock person who can help

Broken iPod touch 5th gen. Need to put in recovery mode without buttons.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.