Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logix X stops working with MOTU MTP AV

Every time I go to work with Logic, it seems to forget how to use my MOTU MTP AV. Reason can use it just fine but Logic refuses. Used to work great.

Sometimes creating a new studio setup in Audio MIDI setup works, other times I have to switch the instrument I'm using to a different port on the MTP AV and then it works. Seems like a caching issue in Logic or some similar bug. It's bad enough that I'm stressing I have to switch to a different DAW. I need my MTP AV.

Thoughts?

Posted on Mar 6, 2016 2:11 PM

2 replies

Mar 6, 2016 2:17 PM in response to Ryan Burkholder

At the moment I can select an instrument on another port of the MTP AV and Logic will trigger externally just fine. If I switch back to the port used by the device I use most, it doesn't work. Logic seems to refuse to use the port assigned to the instruments used in the project. Sick.

I can test the instrument from Audio MIDI setup as well with no issue. If I make a project in Logic, assign an external MIDI port and channel to a track then save and quit. When I com back later and reopen the project, Logic refuses to use the MTP AV port assigned to the saved track.

100% repeatable and aggravating.

Logix X stops working with MOTU MTP AV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.