Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No video- just sound mirorring on Apple Tv 2nd generation for some devices

On my ATV2, I can mirror video only for 2 devices, remaining 3 only transfer voice to Apple TV 2...

On my ATV2, I can mirror video signal only for two iPhones (4S and 3GS) within my family group, other three devices show /when adding/ just speaker icon and are only mirroring sound - no video signal. (iPh5, iPad2, iPad Mini)

All five devices have most actual iOS available. Those mirorring only music and voice are iPhone 5, iPad 2 and iPad Mini. Any idea how to overcame this?

AppleTV 2

Posted on Mar 7, 2016 1:32 AM

1 reply

Mar 7, 2016 3:58 AM in response to Lahvi

Try the following steps, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Check AirPlay is turned on on the Apple TV (turn it off and on if it already is)
  2. Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).
  3. Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
  4. Restart your router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)
  5. Restart your mobile device.

If you are still having problems, the following article(s) may help you.

Troubleshooting AirPlay

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Recommended Wi-Fi settings

Wifi Diagnostic Software (for Mac users)

You may also find some help on this page, where I’ve collected some of the more unusual solutions to network issues.

When making adjustments to your network for better optimisation, you may find some of the points mentioned on this page helpful.

No video- just sound mirorring on Apple Tv 2nd generation for some devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.