Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Roxio toast 14 Titanium vs. iDVD

Im currently using iDVD to burn Wedding videos I'm thinking about getting Toast does anyone have any thought on if its worth it. I want to get the best final project i can and i feel i lose quality on the burn using iDVD.

Posted on Mar 7, 2016 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2016 3:11 PM

For me it is not a question of either/or.

I use iDVD to create the TS folder, then Toast to burn it to a disk. Why? because Toast offers more burning options.

As for 'losing quality' in iDVD, don't forget that it can only create DVDs in standard format, not high definition.

6 replies

Mar 8, 2016 8:20 AM in response to Thatgirl_sally

Toast 14 comes in 2 flavours, Toast 14 Titanium and Toast 14 Pro.

If you want the Blu-ray disc authoring function then this comes included in 14 Pro.

It is not included in 14 Titanium.

For those that have 14 Titanium, the Blu-ray function can be purchased separately.

Overview, Compare and System Requirements in this link.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/toast/#overview

Blu-ray plug-in purchase for those with 14 Titanium

https://www.roxio.com/enu/products/toast/plugin/requirements.html

Mar 15, 2016 9:16 PM in response to Thatgirl_sally

I own and use both iDVD and Toast Titanium 14. When burning Blu-rays, I use Toast Titanium 14. However, for DVDs iDVD is vastly superior.

iDVD will let you create moving menus and chapter markers set by iMovie and give you the same quality as from a Hollywood produced disc.

Toast is a fine burning tool, but it's chapter setting capabilities are much inferior to iDVD.

Also, always use M-DISC. Instead, of old-fashioned, obsolete, lasts only about 5 years, DVD-R.

Mar 17, 2016 9:12 AM in response to Thatgirl_sally

I have just noticed from your other recent posts that you have FCPX.

FCPX has the ability to burn both DVD and Blu-ray discs.( and AVCHD disc)

If you wish to experiment with Blu-ray and AVCHD disc authoring then you don't need Toast.

Also I believe that a DVD authored from FCPX will give better quality than iDVD, worth a try.

You don't get the fancy menus that you get with iDVD, but if better quality is achieved,you may be happy.

Roxio toast 14 Titanium vs. iDVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.