Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mainstage and MAudio Axiom

Hello. I have an Axiom 61 and, currently, Mainstage 2. I also have an Edirol 61 note keyboard. Here's my problem. The Axiom doesn't work properly with Mainstage in terms of triggering . That is, it can trigger the sounds but not much else. As an example, if I try to map any faders they all come out mapped in reverse, going up when they should be going down. As another example, I have to reassign the sustain pedal everytime I connect the Axiom. I could go on, but I wont.

This is not a problem with the Edirol, or any other keyboard I've had a quick go at assigning controllers to. Only with the Axiom. I've tried another Axiom and the same thing happened. So I can't see the problem being due either to the keyboard or to Mainstage.

I asked MAudio support and they told me to contact Apple. I asked Apple and guess who they told me to contact.

Now the Edirols broken and I'm stuck with using he Axiom. It's driving me nuts and losing me work.

If anyone can point out anything obvious I might be missing I'd love to know. I keep thinking I'm missing an obvious detail in the setup but can't imagine what.

Posted on Mar 7, 2016 2:51 PM

1 reply

May 9, 2016 1:20 AM in response to Tim Whelan2

I will sometimes run into problems with my axiom 61/mainstage 3/apogee duet2 setup.

Most of the time it gets fixed or the problem will be accidentally changing global channels on the Axiom.

Being in a different channel really screws with the mappings on Mainstage. I had no idea what was going on.

Axiom apparently only has so much recall memory too so it'll forget mappings after saving three performances on Mainstage.

Axiom Pro has more. I just bought that one, but am now running into different types of problems.

I believe Axiom Pro needs to be plugged in to work properly. That took me forever to figure out because it would still turn on via USB like my original Axiom.

Nektar Panorama I just read got an update to work with Mainstage3.

Mainstage and MAudio Axiom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.