Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple ID cannot be used to unlock this iPhone. Why is this?

I have two apple IDs, one is a Yahoo and the other one a Gmail. I activated the phone using yahoo, but I have interchanged them severally, meaning I have logged onto iCloud using both of them severally. I reset the phone and suddenly none of the apple IDs will unlock my phone. Looking at this image you can see the phone is asking for a yahoo account. But my yahoo Apple ID credentials won't unlock the phone.

i have logged onto iCloud.com/#find with BOTH apple IDs and the device is not showing on either List of devices.

i Have also put the phone in DFU mode and updated the iOS to 9.2.1 and I still have the same problem.

please helpUser uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Mar 7, 2016 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2016 1:11 AM

I have reset and activated this phone severally before with no problems so I'm quite certain there as no previous owner's Apple ID, which is why the standard retort 'contact th previous owner' is not helpful. We don't have Apple shops here yet.

In short, I'm basically shut out of my own device

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2016 1:11 AM in response to Elitegate

I have reset and activated this phone severally before with no problems so I'm quite certain there as no previous owner's Apple ID, which is why the standard retort 'contact th previous owner' is not helpful. We don't have Apple shops here yet.

In short, I'm basically shut out of my own device

Mar 7, 2016 8:56 PM in response to vooks777

It’s either locked to someone else’s Apple ID or there’s a problem on Apple’s servers. If you’re the iPhone’s original owner and have its purchase receipt, take them to a physical Apple Store; otherwise, you need to contact the person who is or the Apple ID’s holder.

(140412)

Mar 7, 2016 9:25 PM in response to Niel

I'm currently outside US but the phone was bought over there. I have activated it severally before without being prompted for Apple ID. My Yahoo Apple ID FYI starts with letter 'f' and this is why I'm certain that's my Apple ID there.

when I chatted with Apple Support on Twitter, they referred me to http://support.apple.com/index.html , but the problem is, the site asks for my serial number and after supplying it, they direct me to a carrier in my country Kenya called Orange Kenya. Orange Kenya won't have none of my queries because I did not buy the iPhone from the.

Mar 7, 2016 10:20 PM in response to Niel

I Did and opted for an expert. This directed me to a carrier here in Kenya, Orange Kenya who unfortunately only deal with idevices purchased from their shops. My phone was bought from the US. Is there any other way for Apple to check out my Apple ID issue?

FOr one, I'm certain there was no Apple ID linked to the iPhone because if that was the case, it would have prompted me to enter the details during my earlier activation. Secondly, the phone was wiped/factory reset with my Apple ID on it. This is why am positive the linked Apple ID is mine. But neither of the apple IDs are working. And finally, none of my Apple ID is linked to any device. I thought it was due to the iPhone being on a Lowe iOS so I updated/restored it yesterday, but still I can't use my apple IDs and I can't find it

My Apple ID cannot be used to unlock this iPhone. Why is this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.