Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot remove Yeti app or put it in the trash on my MacBook Pro.

I have tried to remove the Yeti app by throwing it in the trash to no avail. Any one know how to remove this app?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Mar 8, 2016 6:34 AM

3 replies

Mar 9, 2016 2:25 PM in response to Grandmary P

Hi Grandmary P,

I understand you are trying to remove an app called Yeti from your MacBook Pro. I don't see this app in the Mac App Store, but I do see it for the iPhone. So, to start, I'm going to provide some resources for deleting applications from both devices. If you are talking about an app on your Mac, were you not able to empty the trash after dragging the application to it?

OS X El Capitan: Install, update, and uninstall apps

Apps that have an uninstaller: In the Finder sidebar, click Applications. If an app is inside a folder, it might have an Uninstaller. Open the app’s folder. If you see Uninstall App or App Uninstaller, double-click it and follow the onscreen instructions.

Apps that don’t have an uninstaller: In the Finder sidebar, click Applications. Drag the app from the Applications folder to the Trash (located at the end of the Dock), then choose Finder > Empty Trash.

Delete music, movies, apps, and other content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Delete an app

1. Press and hold the app until it jiggles.
  2. Tap the User uploaded file in the upper-left corner to delete.

You might be asked to confirm that you want to delete the app. If you see a pop-up that says, "Deleting [app name] will also delete all of its data," tap Delete.

Take care,

Mar 21, 2016 12:34 PM in response to judysings

I see the Yeti app in my applications list but have no idea what it does. I tried to move it to Trash but got message that I can't trash it because it is open. Can't find a way to close it. Safari was closed at the time. No other programs were running, that I was aware of. I see that it was downloaded last November. What does Yeti do? Thanks.

I cannot remove Yeti app or put it in the trash on my MacBook Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.