Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

set up store card for automatic selection in wallet

I have a store card in Wallet which is not the default. According to the User Guide you can set it up for automatic selection for use with the store. I cannot find an option to do this and have tried deleting and re-adding the card in question but no such option comes up. iPhone 6 64GB iOS 9.2.1

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1, 64GB

Posted on Mar 8, 2016 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2016 2:22 AM

The first card you add to Wallet becomes your default card for payments. To use a different card as your default, touch and hold the card in Wallet, then drag it to the front of your credit and debit cards in Wallet.

http://help.apple.com/iphone/9/#/iph9f3b5b020

2 replies

Mar 9, 2016 2:30 AM in response to ZikzakCorp

Many thanks for your input. I didn't have a problem setting the default card, it was using a card that gives rewards, in this case a Marks and Spencer credit card that gives points at its stores. It is not my default card because it gives scant reward at any other retailer. Having found other pointers to "New to iOS 9", it seems that reward card recognition is not yet available for a number of popular store cards in the States. I guess my card is not recognised as linked to a retailer until they arrange this with ApplePay, as the Automatic Selection button doesn't show. Thanks again for your speedy response.

set up store card for automatic selection in wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.