Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is lion server still available for purchase?

I've read a few old posts that says you can purchase Lion Server if you call Apple but I've tried couple numbers and all they have is Lion but no Lion Server. Trying to re-purpose some old Mac Pros as file servers and hoping it's possible to purchase still. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Posted on Mar 8, 2016 5:19 PM

6 replies

Mar 8, 2016 5:37 PM in response to quang2550

This a bit old, but I'm betting it still applies...

I had this problem also. We have a 2008 Xserve (Xserve2,1) that doesn't meet specs for 10.8 Mountain Lion, so we had to get 10.7 Lion. DO NOT CALL SALES, not even the Apple Business Store. They do not know how to order 10.7. Once you find the right person to talk to in support it is very easy. The only problem seems to be finding someone who knows how to place the order for you.

Also, be sure you get BOTH 10.7 Lion and 10.7 Lion Server.app, about $20 each. They'll send you an email in a couple of days with the download link and redemption code. You have to do this on a system with at least 10.6.6, otherwise you can't get to the Mac App Store to actually do the download.

Re: Can i still purchase Lion Server 10.7?

Mar 8, 2016 5:46 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks for the quick reply but yeah, all they did was searched the Apple website which I can do myself. I can buy Lion from the site but Lion Server is not coming up. One of the person I talked to said they talked to software and software said they discontinued it in 2009. Not sure if Lion was even out in 2009. Looking for someone who know how to order is going to be a challenge!

Is lion server still available for purchase?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.