0 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2006 1:20 AM by Franklyn Hamsher
Franklyn Hamsher Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)
I regularly do research on the internet where I will be accessing web pages and wanting to save them in hard copy to read later. When I had a windows machine I used a printing utility that allowed me to batch a whole series of print jobs or web pages and then review them to delete empty pages, etc. I want to do this with my iBook, and have raised the issue in a previous thread without finding an easy answer, see below:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=692461&tstart=0

The discussion in that thread ended up with the suggestion that I could save each as a PDF and then combine them into one pdf file, deleting unwanted pages. Yes, I can see how that would work, but it is still cumbersome, as I would have to insert the following pdfs into the first one, etc, etc, etc.

I wonder if someone could suggest an automator method that would allow me to place all of the pages as I go along into one pdf file which I can then edit (by removing superfluous pages before printing a final copy)?

I've never tried to use an automator action before, but I am reasonably good at following instructions!

Incidentally, my current browser of choice is Firefox (sacrilege!) but if accomplishing this function requires using Safari, so be it.

Appreciate any help you can give.

IBook 900 mHz Mac OS X (10.4.8) 640 MB RAM, 80 GB Removable Fireware Drive

IBook 900 mHz, Mac OS X (10.4.8), 640 MB RAM, 80 GB Removable Fireware Drive