Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Retina screen Pink Hue sudden

Hello,

I switched from my MacBook Air to Pro Retina very recently .

Suddenly My MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) got a Pink color full screen hue 2 days ago and after around 8 hours it automatically vanished.

And today morning when I turned on the macbook the hue is back again(Check photos), There's a small border like gap between the pink part and the original screen. Now im really unable to work on this computer. Earlier I tried PRAM reset, SMC reset. But nothing worked ! ! ! !

User uploaded fileFirst Day

User uploaded fileToday (Still its not gone )

I guess this is not a software issue. The Hue is coming even on the startup apple logo (with some jumbled like pixels in the bottom)

Does anyone one here have encountered this ? Help me solve this with your suggestions.

Thanks,

Chamath

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Mar 10, 2016 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2017 10:59 PM

did you manage to fix this issue? I have a macbook pro retina mid-2014 and i get the pink/green hue only on start up for a few minutes then it goes away, however it only happens if the computer has been turn off for about 10 hours or so.

Thanks in advance for your response.

C. Campos

4 replies

MacBook Pro Retina screen Pink Hue sudden

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.